Sustainable development menu
Support for Social Entrepreneurship
Since 2014, Atomredmetzoloto, JSC has been pursuing a focused policy to stimulate small and medium-sized businesses operating in Krasnokamensk and to develop self-employment through the competitive selection for providing financial support (grants) to socially-oriented small businesses.
Between 2014 and 2019, grants were provided for the implementation of a variety of charity projects to help elderly, disabled, and low-income residents of Krasnokamensk.
Contribution to social support and protection of residents, including the promotion of Krasnokamensk based socially-oriented businesses and the development of self-employment.
- revive stagnant social life;
- unleash entrepreneurial potential and promote entrepreneurial activities;
- create a favorable environment for social adaptation and additional employment;
- apply more efficient approaches to addressing social challenges;
- develop support tools in cooperation with federal and municipal authorities, banks, business associations, foundations and other stakeholders;
- teach business-minded individuals and managers of small and medium-sized businesses and NGOs how to run socially-oriented business projects;
- provide grants and methodological, legal, organizational and other consulting and support to social entrepreneurs; and
- increase the standing and credibility of social entrepreneurs in the community through communication platforms and the media.
Our Target Audience
Socially active residents in Krasnokamensk and the Krasnokamensky district.
How It Works
We hold webinar sessions, educational workshops, fairs of socially-oriented ideas, showcases of achievements by current social entrepreneurs and provide advice to would-be entrepreneurs.
- Government of the Trans-Baikal Territory;
- Trans-Baikal Territory Development Foundation;
- Our Future Regional Charity Foundation;
- Small and Medium-Sized Business Foundation of Krasnokamensk; and
- local government of Krasnokamensk.
2014-2018 Project Outcomes
- conditions for social adaptation of residents;
- growing favorable environment for the development of socially-oriented businesses in Krasnokamensk;
- large-scale media campaign arranged in order to increase the standing of social entrepreneurs;
- conditions for welfare services to be offered in the city and their further development, particularly those in children’s leisure activities, education, rehabilitation, etc.;
- employment growth through creation of new jobs, development of self-employment, and additional jobs for employees; and
- greater contribution to the economic sustainability of the town thanks to emerging business entities.
The development of social entrepreneurship is a long-term project and ARMZ is committed to further expanding it in the future.
66 applicants became winners over the years we have held our contests and competitions, including:
- 27 individual entrepreneurs,
- 6 government agencies,
- 18 volunteers,
- 5 public organizations,
- 4 municipal institutions, and
- 1 non-for-profit organization.
We have also created 10 jobs.